Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beacon Point @ Ipoh

Beacon Point, the cafe that I wanted to try for quite some times. I was being unlucky, I went twice yet failed to taste the food. Once during Chinese New Year and once during Sunday. Yes, it closed on both days even it was a Sunday. 

However, my luck wasn't too bad, finally I got the chance to step in the cafe.
A shop looks normal from outside. 

The decoration is like the home style cafe. 

Something out of my surprise was the cafe actually didn't have too much choices for the main course. Yes, this cafe is more incline to the afternoon tea style with various types of cakes, bread and pastry choices. Anyhow, they do offer three  different set lunch everyday. During the day of my visit, the set lunch choices given were chicken, pasta and mix grill.

The set lunch consists of soup + main course + dessert + coffee/tea. I would say their prices offered for set lunch are very reasonable. It would be a good choice for you if you like to have different kind of food for meal.

 
 The mushroom soup with bread pieces.

Mix grill RM21.80/set (set lunch)
Combination of three types of meat with a home made sauce, together with mash potatoes and coleslaw. 

Lemongrass Chicken RM15.80/set (set lunch)
Chicken with mash potato in between with special lemon grass sauce. Unique Lemon grass sauce that hardly  found at other cafe.

A piece of banana cake and tea/coffee

Fish & Chips RM8.90 (ala carte)


 I've heard of their famous Fish and Chip and due to that we purposely order to have a taste on this. The appearance definitely different with typical Fish & Chips. This is more likely to a snack. But, something disappoint me was the fish served was not fresh at all. Even it was deep fried yet we can taste the unfreshness of the fish. And, we just able to finish two pieces out of the whole bucket. Sorry.

 Butter Rum Cheese Cake RM6.80
 The cheese cake is very soft. It is creamy with unique butter rum and light cheese cake flavour. However, butter rum is not my cup of tea.

 Name             : Beacon Point
Address            : 41, Lintasan Perajurit 6, Taman Perak, 31400 Ipoh, Perak. Google Map
Operation Time : Monday to Thurs  11.00am- 6.00pm
                          Friday to Saturday 11.00am- 10.30pm
                          Sunday                  Closed
Website            :http://beaconpoint.com.my/


2 comments:

Happy walker said...

thanks for sharing this place~

Anonymous said...

I am disappointed with the food. Ordered chicken maryland, the meat tasted stale, mashed potatoes had no richness to it......I will never recommend this place to anyone.....It was my first time and definitely my last!!!!!!